Powered By Blogger

MY PAGE

Just a quick thank you for viewing my page!
Be warned!
Mature content and blunt advice ahead!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Parenting: Can you ever do it wrong?

I guess the answer to this question could really be as simple as it sounds. Sure, there are good and right ways of parenting. And absolutely, there are bad ways of parenting. But when do you cross the boundary from right to wrong? Who can tell you that you've done something wrong and you will listen?

I'm the type of person, that if you tell me that the way I'm raising my child is wrong, I will more then likely tell you off, and tell you where to stick your words. That's just who I am. Granted, there are times that I wished I would have listened. "If only..." has become my favorite phrase recently.

But what about the people who really need the help? What about the parents on drugs, still taking care of their kids, while they're messed up? Is it smart? No. Is it safe? Hell no! But how do we help them? How do we make them understand that what they are doing is wrong? What about the parents who abuse their kids? What about the kids living on the street, because they have nowhere else to go? How do we help them? We can't all afford to be foster parents, nor can we afford to take in random orphans. So what do we do?

I'm not writing this to give you all an insight to what's going on. I'm not writing this to give you the answer. These are just a few of the random questions in my head and I have no way of answering them...

My only response is to stop. Stop being stupid and hurting your kids. Stop being an idiot and doing drugs so it makes things easier, because it won't. All you're doing is setting your kids up for a harder life then it's already going to be. As for the orphans living on the street... Love them... they're going to need it most...Because they have no one left.

No comments:

Post a Comment